This article discusses “General Medical and Surgical Hospitals and its Sop Manual”. This US industry comprises establishments which are primarily engaged in providing diagnostic and medical treatment to inpatients with any of a wide variety of medical conditions. These establishments maintain inpatientbeds and provide patients with food services that meet their nutritional requirements. These hospitals have an organized staff of physicians and other medical staff to provide patient care services. Such as outpatient services, anatomical pathology services, diagnostic X ray services, Clinical laboratory services, operating room services for a variety of procedures and pharmacy services. The total revenue and annual payroll are $988,314,528,000 and $349,478,743,000 respectively in 2017. The average revenue and profitable are $258.4 thousand and 98.5% respectively in 2018.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) has grouped services and activities associated with General Medical and Surgical Hospitals under the NAICS industry code 622110. The following list shows some activities that are associated with industry 622110,
- Childrens hospitals general
- General medical and surgical hospitals
- Hospitals, general medical and surgical
- Hospitals, general pediatric
- Osteopathic hospitals
Some of the international association of General Medical and Surgical Hospitals:
- Americam Medical Association (AMA).
- Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- European Renal Association (ERA).
- European Medical Association (EMA).
- International Association for Ambulatory Surgery (IAAS).
- The World Medical Association (WMA).
- Aerospace Medical Association (AMA).
- The Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA)
- All India Medical Students Association (AIMSA).
International standard for this industry:
- ISO 12433-2 Basic Requirements for hospitals
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO 22000: 2005
- ISO 9001: 2008
Few of the World’s best companies in this industry are,
- HCA Healthcare Inc | Nashville | United State of America | www.hcahealthcare.com |
- Lester E Cox Medical Centers | Springfield | United State of America | www.coxhealth.com |
- Commonspirit Health | Chicago | United State of America | www.catholichealthinitiatives.org |
- Trinity Health Corporation| Livonia | United State of America | www.trinity-health.org |
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation | Dallas | United State of America | www.tenethealth.com |
- Upmc | Pittsburgh | United State of America | www.upmc.com |
- Sutter Health | Sacramento | United State of America | www.sutterhealth.org |
- Providence Health & Services | Renton | United State of America | www.providence.org |
- Mayo Clinic Hospital-Rochester | Rochester | United State of America | www.mayoclinic.org |
- Advocate Aurora Health Inc | Downers Grove | United State of America | www.faithhealthtransformation.org |
- University of Kansas Hospital | Kansas City | United State of America |
- Hennepin County Medical Center | Minneapolis | United State of America |
- Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak | Royal Oak | United State of America |
- Nassau University Medical Center | East Meadow | United State of America |
- Summa Health System | Akron | United State of America |
Some of the magazines and journals that will keep you track on:
- International Journal of General Medicine & surgery | www.ijgms.edwiserinternational.com |
- International Journal of Surgery Research and Practice | www.clinmedjournals.org |
- Annals of Medicine and Surgery Journal | www.journals.elsevier.com |
- Internatonal Journal od surgery and medicine | www.ejos.org |
- The journal for healthcare quality | www.journals.lww.com |
- American research journal of medicine and surgery | www.arjonline.org |
- Surgery clinics journal | www.medtextpublications.com |
- General surgery journals | www.medscape.com |