This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing short-term lodging in facilities known as hotels, motor hotels, resort hotels and motels. The establishments in this industry may offer food and beverage services, recreational services, conference rooms, convention services, laundry services, parking and other services.
List of Globally Popular Companies and their countries
Accor-Paris (France), Aman Resorts-Singapore, APA Group-Tokyo (Japan), Avari Hotels-Pakistan, Belmond Limited-Hamilton, Bermuda, Best Western Hotels-Phoenix (USA), BTG Homeinn hotel group-Shanghai (China), Centara Hotels & Resorts-Bangkok (Thailand), Choice Hotels International-Rockville (USA), Dalata Hotel Group-Dublin (Ireland), Dedica Anthology Hotels-Milan (Italy), Dorchester Collection-London (United Kingdom), Drury Hotels-St. Louis (USA), Elite Hotels of Sweden-Stockholm (Sweden), Extended Stay America-Charlotte (USA), Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts-Toronto (Canada), General Hotel Management (GHM)-Singapore, Hilton Worldwide-McLean, Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels-Hong Kong, Hyatt Hotels Corporation-Chicago, Jumeirah-United Arab Emirates, Marriott International-Bethesda, Meliá Hotels International-Palma (Spain).
The following are some of the top critical issues facing hotel leadership.
- High competition
- Improper marketing effort
- Energy management difficulties
- Poor customer satisfaction
- Lack of productive chefs and managers
- High service rates
- Cleanliness issues
- No proper transportation facility
Most of the tourists who stay in a hotel room expect refreshing events & entertainment programs for getting relaxation from the stressful conditions. Conduct events & entertainment shows on a regular basis to attract more audience to your business.
Some of the International Organizations related to Hotels,
- International Hotels Alliance (IHA) - gloriahotels.com
- International Hotels Association (IHA) - sihra.in
- United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) - un.org
- Hotel Association of New York (HANYC) - hanyc.com
- International Hotels and Restaurants Associations (IH&RA) - ih-ra.org
Various Industry Standards will be followed by each specific Hotels to maintain their reputation in the field of interest.
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
- Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
- Registration under the Luxury Tax Act 1976
- Registration under the Sales Tax Act 1990
- Registration under the Pollution Control Act 1989
- Entertainment License on Festival Occasions 1914
- Registration & Permits under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988
- Registration under the Provident Fund Act 1952
The Hotel and Restaurants industry is primarily governed by the Hotel and Restaurant Approval and Classification Committee constituted by the Ministry of Tourism. For the institution of a new hotel or restaurant, the certification of this committee is required- the committee checks and asses the hotels based on the facilities they intend to provide to their customers. The approval granted by the committee remain valid for 5 years but when a hotel is in its operative stage, the same approval ceases to remain valid within three months. The respective hotel must apply for the classification during these three months. Once the classification is obtained, it becomes valid for 5 years.
Some of the Magazines that will keep you on track
- Hotel Business Magazine
- Hotel Owner Magazine
- Hotelier Magazine
- Hotel F&B Magazine
- Hotel Management Magazine
- Boutique Hotelier Magazine
- Today's Hotelier Magazine
- Hotel & Restaurant Times Magazine
- Houston Hotel Magazine
- Hotel Scotland Magazine