This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating refrigerated warehousing and storage facilities.
Establishments primarily engaged in the storage of furs for the trade are included in this industry. The services provided by these establishments include blast freezing, tempering, and modified atmosphere storage services.
List of Globally Popular Refrigerated warehousing and storage companies and their countries
Lineage Logistics - United States, Americold Logistics - Australia, United States Cold Storage - United States, Agro Merchants Group - Spain, New Cold Advanced Logistics - United Kingdom, Nichirei Logistics Group - France, Versa Cold Logistics Services - Canada, Interstate Warehousing - United States, Frialsa Frigorificos - Mexico, Henningsen Cold Storage - United Kingdom, Conestoga Cold Storage - Canada, Hanson Logistics - United States, Stockhabo - Belgium, Trenton Cold Storage - Canada, Confederation Freezers - Canada, Seafrigo Cold Storage - United States, Superfrio Armazens Gerais - Brazil, Grupo Ransa - Colombia, Kloosterboer - Germany, Bring Frigo - Sweden, Claus Sorensen - Denmark, Reed Boardall - United Kingdom.
The following are some of the top critical issues faced by the Refrigerated warehousing and storage companies.
- Accurate Temperature and humidity regulation
- Label quality and product trace-ability
- Creating high density storage layouts
- Changing temperature zones
- Battery Power lasts only up to 4 to 6 hours a day
- Effect of Cold on electronics
- Maintenance of the product temperature.
The challenges in refrigerated spaces lead the associates to the hardest condition in material handling industry. The cost of operating a refrigerated warehouse became more critical now a days. The combined pressures of labor needs, efficient operations, and unstable customer base have put the cold storage in a tough spot. In these situations the customer will not stay with them long enough so the investments made will go wasted and it will affect the revenue of the company. The customers demand increased demand in terms of pallet building and trace ability, so the cost of theses services became very high. The refrigerated warehouse is now changing to one centered specialization which is very difficult to adapt.
Some of the International Organization related to Refrigerated Warehouse and Storage are,
- International Association of Refrigerated Warehouse (IARW) - refrigeratedfrozenfood.com
- Federation of Cold Storage Association (FCSA) - fcaoi.org
- Cold Chain Associations (CCA) - coolchain.org
- Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) - gcca.org
- New Zealand Cold Storage Association (NZCSA) - coldstoragenz.org.nz
- Refrigerated Warehousing and Transport Association (RWTA) - rwta.com.au
- International Association of Cold Storage Construction (IACSC) - tsnn.com
- International Refrigerated Transport Association (IRTA) - iru.org
- South African Refrigerated Distribution Association (SARDA) - green-cooling-initiative.org
- Australian Refrigeration Association (ARA) - austref.org.au
- European Cold Storage and Logistics Association (ECSLA) - ecsla.eu
Various Industry Standards will be followed by each specific Refrigerated warehouse and storage companies to maintain their reputation.
- The Warehousing Development and Regulation Act, 2007
- Warehouse Handling of Goods Act, 2016
- UP Regulation of Cold Storage Act, 1976
- Cold Storage Act, 1985
- Illinois Refrigerated Warehouse Act, 1935
- West Bengal Cold Storage Act, 1966
- Cold Storage Order Act, 1980
The refrigerated warehouse and storage industry has an excellent growth in the year of 2015-2020, the average revenue of the warehouse is increased to 2.7%. For the past 5 years, the turnover of refrigerated warehouse is up to $5.8 billion. The refrigerated warehouse industry is expected to continue growing supported by increasing demand from downstream markets and higher trade values. In the United States of America, there are 2426 refrigerated warehouse and storage companies are there and the US industry Statistics will be increased in the market up to $6 billion.
Some of the Magazines that will keep you on track
- Cold Facts Magazine
- Refrigerated and Frozen Foods Magazine
- Cold Chain Management
- Cold Storage Magazine
- Cold Demand
- Refrigeration Engineering
- Cold Running
- Cold Chain Warehouse