PDMA-India is an international affiliate of Product Development and Management Association (PDMA), USA. PDMA-India with a vision to build NDP community in India across the length and breadth of the country is on a mission to establish city chapters to better learn, collaborate and share NPD best practices.
Structure of the City Chapters
The chapter will have a board with five members. The Secretary of the chapter is the first-among-equals and heads the board and assisted by the four board members. To have a stability in the formative years the Secretary will be nominated by President, PDMA-India and the four other members will be appointed by the Secretary. The minimum qualification we are setting for the board members at this point of time is the individuals shall be NPD practitioners and enthusiasts willing to contribute to the NPD community in the region and must be a graduate in any discipline. The founding team shall have a tenure of 3 years that will expire on 31-Dec-2023 to bring stability to their activities and thereafter the Secretary shall be elected for every two years.
Roles and Responsibilities of City Chapters
1. Organise NPD events at the city level and authorised to collect a nominal fee to cover the expenses. Initially we expect the city chapter shall conduct at least one event in a quarter and share the photographs for the PDMA-India gallery.
2. Conduct educational sessions for profit to augment the revenue of the chapter.
3. One of the board members authorised with the financial transactions shall maintain an account of all the income and expenses.
4. Connect and encourage the NPD community to become the member of PDMA and facilitate them to become certified.
5. Promote the members of the NPD Community to become Registered Education Provider (REP) of PDMA, USA so that they can start delivering NPDP sessions to the public and spread the NPD best practices.
6. Connect with the companies within the city and introduce NPDP certification.
7. Participate in the month review meetings of PDMA-India through GoToMeetings on a weekend.
City Chapter Revenue
The India membership share shall be fully transferred to the City Chapter Account on a Quarterly basis. This will be coming from PDMA, USA. And all other revenue generated by the chapter in its own effort.
1. A dedicated 5-member team will be supporting the various activities of PDMA-India City Chapters from PDMA-India, HQ at Chennai. The City Chapters will get the list of companies that are practicing NPD in the region, promotion image requirements etc. Malathi Dileepan heads the team and she can be reached at +91-900-304-9000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Maintain a one-page website for Each City Chapter.