Global Inventory Challenge 2020 is the first edition of inventory competition from Integrated Institute of Supply Chain Management (IISCM). We invite supply chain professionals and students to participate in this unique competition. The details of the competition are available in the below sections. You can also download and print the poster and display it at your organisation’s or institution’s notice board for the benefit of your colleagues and students.
IISCM is a unit of Fhyzics Business Consultants Private Limited and an ACP of APICS, USA and ASC of CIPS, UK. IISCM trains supply chain professionals on the following international certifications
Certified Inventory Optimization Professional (CIOP)
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) of APICS
Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) of APICS
Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) of APICS
Certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations of CIPS, UK (Level-2)
Adv. Certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations of CIPS, UK (Level-3)
Diploma in Procurement & Supply of CIPS, UK (Level-4)
Advanced Diploma in Procurement & Supply of CIPS, UK (Level-5)
Professional Diploma in Procurement & Supply of CIPS, UK (Level-6)
The purpose of this competition is to promote Inventory Management Body of Knowledge v2.0 among the inventory management and supply chain professionals and to evolve IMBoK as a standard framework for inventory management. And also, to bind the supply chain community, instil new thinking on inventory and to spread inventory best practices.
The winner will receive a cash prize of USD 1000.
The participants need to submit a paper on inventory in alignment with Inventory Management Body of Knowledge (IMBoK v2.0). Please review the Paper Submission Acceptance and Evaluation Criteria in the below sections.
One winner will receive a cash prize of USD 1000* and also receive the following benefits:
1. 100% complimentary Certified Inventory Optimization Professional (CIOP) certification package, which includes online instructor-led training, learning management system and examination (one-attempt) - a value of USD 500.
2. The paper will be published in IISCM blog.
3. The winner’s profile will be published in the IISCM blog with a link to their paper.
4. A Certificate of Achievement in GIC 2020 will be issued as softcopy.
5. A Certificate for Professional Development Unit for 10 hours will be issued as softcopy, which is helpful for recertification requirements.
Note: Prize money will be transferred through PayPal. Transaction commission charges apply.
Other contributors whose papers are accepted will receive the following benefits:
1. 20% discount on Certified Inventory Optimization Professional (CIOP) certification package, which includes online instructor-led training, learning management system and examination (one-attempt) - a value of USD 500.
2. The paper will be published in IISCM blog.
3. A Certificate of Participation in GIC 2020 will be issued as softcopy.
4. A Certificate for Professional Development Unit for 10 hours will be issued as softcopy, which is helpful for recertification requirements.
The competition involves three steps such as Registration, Submission of Paper and Evaluation & Declaration of Results.
1. As such there is no last date for registration and the committee will be accepting registrations until it receives acceptable numbers. There is no registration fee and the registrations will be accepted on first-come-first-serve basis. Hence to avoid any disappointments, please submit at the earliest.
2. Last date for Submission of Paper: Sunday, December 20, 2020
3. Date of Declaration of Results: Friday, December 25, 2020
The mode of competition is online and hence no travel required from the participants. The participants need to register online and submit the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a global competition. The competition committee encourages professionals and students from across the globe to participate and make this unique competition on inventory as a grand success. There is no restriction on age and country of origin or domicile.
First, the participant needs to register for the competition as soon as possible before the closure of the competition registration. There will not be any notification regarding the closure of the competition.
Second, the participant needs to submit the paper on or before 17:00 UTC, Sunday, December 20, 2020 by email to email@example.com.
Global Inventory Challenge 2020
The Paper shall be,
1. Submitted by the competition registrant.
2. In alignment with Inventory Management Body of Knowledge – IMBoK 2.0.
3. An original writing without plagiarism.
4. Submitted in Microsoft Word format [Times Roman, 12pt, double spacing].
5. Between 2000 and 2500 words in length.
6. Written in English language without typos, grammatical errors, and run-on sentences.
7. Submitted on or before the last date in email as an attachment with subject line “Global Inventory Challenge 2020”.
The Paper shall be evaluated based on the following criteria.
1. It shall not be an opinionated one, rather fact based.
2. It should show the depth of understanding of the author and deliver real value to the supply chain community.
The focus of the paper shall be on one or more of the following:
1. Explaining an inventory concept and logic in a better manner.
2. Describing an inventory best practice that will yield significant results in terms of finance, operations, and customer satisfaction.
3. Documenting a business case on inventory.
4. Elaborating a solution that solve inventory problems.
5. Presenting an innovative business idea that helps companies to address inventory challenges.
GIC 2020 Competition Committee’s decision is final and binding. There is no entry fee to the competition. For any questions related to Global Inventory Challenge 2020, please speak to Manager Certifications at +91-900-304-9000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.