Typical Supply chain Jobs at Shell
Senior Process Data Engineer, Associate Engineer – Maintenance, Sr Team Lead, Materials & Corrosion Engineer, Senior Team Lead, Specialist, Reporting Analyst, Competency Centre Lead Testing, CP Analyst – Materials Data, Senior Specialist – Market Risk, Program Manager, Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Ethics & Compliance Assurance Specialist, Valuation Analyst, Principal Technologist, Distributor Business Consultant, Senior Risk and Control Advisor, Retail Business Analyst
Job description for Materials & Corrosion Engineer at Shell
The Materials Corrosion Engineer works in a global expert team comprising engineers and scientists to identify, develop and deploy materials corrosion related solutions to all lines of Shell business. This encompasses the delivery of multi-year research technology development programs, advanced technical service (ATS) support of Shell assets and projects, and coordination with other Shell development groups.
The Materials and Corrosion Engineer is expected to:
- Lead materials, corrosion and integrity RD and ATS activities individually and as part of the team. Work with department members and allied groups to identify current and future technology development needs and translate them into RD strategy.
- Lead laboratory corrosion materials test programs to support various RD and ATS activities.
- Formulate asset integrity strategies and provide support for next generation integrity management.
- Deliver programs from inception through to deployment, with solutions integrated with other technical disciplines and organizations.
Job Description for Program Manager at Shell
- Programme Managers may manage either a suite of interdependent projects that together contribute to longer-term business strategy or multiple project managers who each lead part of a portfolio or programme
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within Shells standards and controls framework
- Leads large programmes of high complexity and risk. Typical programme size: 20-50 FTE
- Is the leader of the natural team and is required to possess and continuously develop strong leadership behaviours
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner
- Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes
- Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams
- Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual
- Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
- Select a best-practice governance approach that works across the function or Line of Business
- Support the leadership of the cross-organisational natural team, ensuring that delivery teams collaborate effectively with business IT, the impacted businesses, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, resolving issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term management of any resulting products and services
Job Description for Specialist at Shell
Accountable for delivery of key finance processes. FO drives value by delivering end-to-end operational excellence, capturing the integration value of being part of Shell and matching the operational performance of the best external providers. Delivery is driven through a strong performance culture focused on business/process outcomes, at a sustainable cost level.
- Understanding the Business requirements from POs /PEs or Operations
- Convert the business requirements from English to Functional requirements and Script Designs.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on based on the business requirements input Implement Agile delivery for Data Quality Scripting and Reporting E2E.
- Operationalizing and embedding SAP Information additional functionalities across OE Data Design and produce standard and ad-hoc reports, dashboards, cubes, and various data visualization reporting solutions across OE Data Team.
- Review reporting tool selection as per the Strategic direction, to create and configure new reports, dashboards decision making analytics.
- Partner with internal /external Stakeholders to Translate stakeholders requirements into reporting deliverables
- Contributes to Prototyping in support of requirements definition or technical design questions, ensures that Build standards are adhered to
- Develop User Acceptance Testing plans, coordinate testing, and document test results of new systems functionality and processes. Prepares test scenarios, contributes to end-user documentation and user manuals. Executes/leads Unit Test, and Integration Test for the applicable solutions Resolves defects during test cycles and hyper care"
- Maintains the technical documentation according to agreed procedures. Assist with documentation of assigned projects measuring the efficacy of each project."
- Participate in evaluating new technologies so as to ensure the advancement of technology architecture and data within organization Business Intelligence needs
- Expertise in delivery technologies and data access, including familiarity with metadata, data organization, data quality assessment and data profiling
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions