Global Category Selection Manager largely responsible for developing long-term category development plans, providing clients with customer-focussed insights and managing a team of analysts and support staff. Category Selection Managers frequently lead projects around optimising product ranges and achieve a large portfolio of brands. Buyers look for items purchased across the company and consolidate disparate agreements into a single contract so that the companies to buy more effectively and to save significant sums of cash as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management
- Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management (Added Advantage)
- Minimum 8 Years of experience includes at least 3 years of Category Selection Management
- Experience in Supply chain is a plus.
- Microsoft Office including Project Management software (Mandatory)
- Certified Inventory Optimisation Professional (CIOP)
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Level-5)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analysing data or insights to regulate industry and consumer trends.
- Concocting long-term development strategies for product categories.
- Exhibit a professional manner, be very commercially aware and is interested in what the competition liabilities remains.
- Able to work well on your own, or with a wide range of people from different parts of the business.
- Work closely with the organization Head on consumer research projects edifice a proposal for the future.
- Provide analytical support in the growth of global category selection plans.
- Working in conjunction with Senior Category Selection Manager to deliver key insights and endorsements for category selection review and facilitate initiatives.
- Periodic category reviews with buyer including the updating of the period reports.
- Lead, coach and grow your direct report constantly.
- Manage key accounts with regular client meetings to drive category growth.
- Demonstrate a proven track record on delivering insightful range reviews which has ensued in significant commercial wins for both business and merchant.
- Excellent English communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Familiar with Category management
- Decision Making Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Collaborative Skills
- Problem-Solving capability
- Management Skills
- Result oriented
- Financial wisdom
- Propensity for Technology
Travel Requirements: Global Category Selection Manager requires 35% of travel
Seniority Level: Mid Senior Level
This position will be typically reporting to the Top Management of an organization.
Salary ranges depending on the experience. Typically, Global Category Selection Manager will be paid Rs. 7, 00,000 – Rs. 9, 50,000 annually.
Global Category Selection Manager