Purchasing Clerks compile demands for materials, prepare acquisitions orders, keep track of procurements and supplies, and handle studies about orders. They gather info and records to draw up buying orders for procurement of resources and services. They make sure that what was bought arrives on schedule and meets the purchaser’s conditions. Purchasing Clerks respond to client and supplier inquiries about order position, changes, or terminations. They also monitor catalogue, perform buying duties when essential, and contact suppliers to agenda or expedite deliveries. They compare prices, conditions and delivery dates to assist in determine the best bid, track the status of requisitions, contracts and instructions, and calculate relevant prices.
- High school diploma
- Graduation is appreciable
- Purchasing clerks provide managerial support to the purchasing section and to the company as a whole.
- Clerical skills are key in this part, since purchasing clerks make orders and reports and ensure that info is correctly entered in the enterprise’s system
- Purchasing clerks should hold good mathematical expertise to ensure that their controls are correct when decisive prices and completing purchase orders
- Because they support vendor relationships and contracts, purchasing clerks should have strong relationship growth and management skills
- Client service skills are also significant in this role, since the purchasing clerk needs to work with numerous subdivisions to complete orders and maintain archives
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply - CIPS
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and facilitate sanction on all purchase orders and organize with assistants and buyers to ensure accurateness of all deliveries.
- Monitor and evaluate all acquisitions order claims and ensure obedience to all company regulations.
- Design all purchasing agreements and associate procedures and policies.
- Coordinate with vendors to uphold optimal product quality and recommend developments to all pricing.
- Good computer skills are obligatory because a large majority of the work is done using spread sheets, office and purchasing software.
- Good co-operation and math skills are also important because purchasing clerks often assign prices with vendors and dealers.
Travel Requirements: Purchasing clerk Manager requires 50% of travel to its dealer locations.
Seniority Level: Junior/Subordinate
This position will be typically reporting to the Purchasing Assistant of the company.
Salary ranges liable on the experience and involvement. Typically Purchasing Assistant will be paid Rs. 3,00,000 – Rs. 4,00,000 Annually based on experience.