The Chief Procurement Officer heads all worldwide procurement efforts for the global enterprise. The Chief Procurement Officer should be accountable for managing all spending, irrespective of the nature of the functioning / effect model being used. He is also responsible for leading all worldwide procurement efforts to professionally and efficiently enable spend proprietors such as business units and practical companion to maximize the value they obtain from suppliers to meet their purposes. The Chief Procurement Officer will work with each commercial unit to lead central direct and indirect sourcing and attaining efforts.
- Chief procurement officers should have a bachelor’s degree, if possible in an area such as supply chain management, business administration, contracting, procurement, economics, statistics, finance, accounting, math, or communications.
- Applicants with a master’s degree or MBA are even more needed to employers.
- Potential companies also require candidates to have a minimum of seven years of related experience in finance, purchasing, business, or procurement.
- Advance and instrument overarching policies, events, systems, structures and outlines for all procurement related actions to deliver best practice procurement and contract organisation solutions
- Provide expert, commanding advice to key shareholders on all aspects of procurement policy and practice to inform occupational planning and action, encourage ground-breaking approaches and enhance worth through improved procurement efficacy and outcomes and lead high level discussions with procurement partners and dealers and establish collaborative stakeholder
- Certified Inventory Optimisation Professional (CIOP)
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Level-4)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ethical and expert behaviour
- Initiate a culture of honesty and competence across the administration, and in dealings cross-government, cross jurisdiction and outside of administration
- Describe, communicate and assess ethical practices, standards and systems and reinforce their use
- The main job of a chief procurement officer is to provide enterprise-wide tracking of the highest excellence items with the lowest cost
- chief procurement officers use planning skills, financial management, and accounting principles to successfully run their sections
- Negotiating is a serious skill for leading procurement activities and managing contractual preparations
Travel Requirements: Chief procurement officer requires 20% of travel to its dealer locations.
Seniority Level: Head/Director
This position will be typically reporting to the Director of the company.
Salary ranges liable on the experience and involvement. Typically Purchasing Assistant will be paid Rs. 6,00,000 – Rs. 9,00,000 Annually based on experience.
Chief Procurement Officer