This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in furnishing academic courses and granting degrees at graduate levels. The requirement for admission is at least a high school diploma or equivalent general academic training. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the establishment or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through diverse means, such as correspondence, television, the internet, or other electronic and distance learning methods. The Training provided by these establishments may include the use of simulators and simulation methods.
List of Globally Popular Schools and their countries
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - United States, University of Oxford - United Kingdom, ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - Switzerland, National University of Singapore (NUS) - Singapore, Tsinghua University - China, EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne - Switzerland, University of Tokyo - Japan, University of Hong Kong - Hong Kong, Australian National University - Australia, University of Toronto - Canada, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology - Hong Kong, McGill University - Canada, Seoul National University - South Korea, Delft University of Technology - Netherlands, University PSL - France, Technical University of Munich - Germany, National Taiwan University (NTU) - Taiwan, University Malaya (UM) - Malaysia, University of Copenhagen - Denmark, Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA) - Argentina, University of Zurich - Switzerland, KU Leuven - Belgium, Lomonosov Moscow State University - Russia, Lund University - Sweden.
The following are some of the top critical issues facing Colleges, Universities and Professional Schools leadership,
- Construction and Repair work in colleges
- There should be an improvement in funding
- Have to provide proper housing for the students
- Improving the learning environment
- Maintenance and operation have to be executed properly
- Security and safety of the students
Now the cost of education is very high when compared to the olden days. The biggest distraction for students are they aren’t reading their textbooks and not paying attention in the class. They are spending an extra ordinary amount of time on electronic devices. The state funding for colleges and universities has steadily decreased. The changes in teaching methods bring challenges to the students. There is a lack of diversity in college admission and campus life because of social class and race in admission.
Some of the International Organizations related to Colleges and universities are,
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AACU) - aacu.org
- Association of American Universities (AAU) - aau.edu
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) - aascu.org
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP) -aaup.org
- American Council on Education (ACE) - acenet.edu
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) - en.unesco.org
Various industry standards will be followed by each specific Colleges and Universities to maintain their reputation in the field of interest.
- The Central Educational Institutions Act, 2006
- The University Grants Commission Act, 1956
- The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions Act, 2004
- The Central Universities Act, 2009
- The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions Ordinance Act, 2010
- The Institute of Technology Act, 1961
- National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007
- The National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research Act, 2014
The Objective of Universities is conducting academic research, training and educating highly skilled people, enhancing culture, serving society, and boosting national development. Many organization and association has been developed to improve the quality of education across the world. Each universities will have a self-evaluation on their teaching, research and services. Each University and college shall draft its charter and by laws in accordance with the ministry of education. If the ministry of education gives them the access, then they can implement the act. The provisions of these act shall lead to the establishment of the organization and educational facilities.
Some of the Magazine that will keep you on track,
- Alabama Alumni Magazine
- American School and University
- Cambridge Alumni Magazine
- Campus Safety Magazine
- Columbia Magazine
- Open MINDS
- The National Student
- TUCO Magazine
- The University Research Magazine Association