This article discusses “Special Needs Transportation and its SOP Manual”. This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing special needs transportation (except to and from school or work) to the infirm, elderly, or handicapped. These establishments may use specially equipped vehicles to provide passenger transportation. The Total revenue and annual payroll are $5,436,277,000 and $2,034,850,000 respectively in 2017. The average revenue and profitable are $111.2 thousand and 95.7% respectively in 2018.
I always say, writing an SOP is somewhere between art and science. So far you may be clueless on where to start and how to progress on an SOP? This will not be the case after you diligently go through this SOP ToolBox. We have summarised all our secrets here to get you started and to deliver a stunning SOP to your management.
The North American Industry Classification Systems (NAICS) has grouped services and activities associated with Special Needs Transportation under the NAICS industry code 485991. The following list shows some activities that are associated with industry 485991,
- Handicapped passenger transportation services
- Paratransit transportation services
- Pet transportation services
- Senior citizens transportation services
- Special needs passenger transportation services
- 485410 - Providing school or employee bus transportation for the infirm, elderly, or handicapped.
- 621910 - Providing ambulance services for emergency and medical purposes.
Some of the international association of Special Needs Transportation:
- National Association of Pupil Transportation (NAPT).
- New York Association of Pupil Transportation (NYAPT).
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA).
- Nebraska School Transportation Association (NSTA).
- National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET).
- Pennsylvania School Bus Association (PSBA).
- The National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services (NASDPTS).
- Georgia Association of Pupil Transportation (GAPT).
- School Transportation Association of Indiana (STAI).
- Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents (MASS).
- National School Transportation Association (NSTA).
- New Hampshire School Transportation Association (NHSTA).
- California Association of School Transportation (CAST).
- Animal Transportation Association (ATA).
- Texas Association for Pupil Transportation (TAPT).
- International Association for Public Transport (IAPT).
- International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
- Transportation Association of South Carolina (TASC).
- The Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA).
- ISO 15005: 2017 Road Vehicles
- ISO/ TR 20529-1: 2017 Intelligent transport systems
- ISO 13111-1: 2107
- ISO 10542-1: 2012
- ISO 10865-2: 2015
- ISO 14813-1: 2015
- ISO 37154: 2017
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO 17100: 2015
- ISO 15118-3: 2015
- ISO 13485: 2016
- Special Needs Transportation Inc | Prince Albert | Canada | http://www.pacsc.com/ |
- West Midlands Special Needs Transport | Birmingham | United Kingdom |
- Journal of Intelligent Transportation systems | https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/gits20/14/1 |
- Scandinavian Journal of Disability research | http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/sjdr20/3/2 |
- Transportation Journal | https://www.psupress.org/Journals/jnls_transportation_journal.html |