In our 30 Years of experience dealing with bakeries and cafes in larger numbers, we concluded that these 101 Questions will surely create a spark for existing owners and aspiring bakers to make their shops stand out of the crowd.
Looking for any Expert business tips and advices, reach out to us at www.fhyzics.net
1. Where is the location?
2. Analyse the Psychography of the people in terms of lifestyle and interest.
3. What type of locality it is (Residential / Companies)?
4. When’ll be the peak time?
5. What’s the peak day?
6. Analyse the area profile.
7. Have you decided the budget?
8. How many competitor bakeries are there in that locality (5 Kms Radius)?
9. What are the different varieties offered by the competitors?
10. What are the different varieties you offer?
11. What type of bakery it is (Vegetarian / Non vegetarian / Both)?
12. Have you decided the menu?
13. What are the items offered and its price?
14. Are the raw materials Halal certified?
15. Is the bakery FSSAI certified?
16. Is there any membership for customers?
17. What are the local regulations?
18. What are all the other organisations you’re member in?
19. What is the Unique Value Proposition?
20. For what type of services, you’ve bought license?
21. Have you bought fire license?
22. What is the maximum pax count?
23. What is the operational time?
24. Do you provide take away services?
25. What is the theme of the bakery?
26. Have you bought all the relevant licences?
27. What are the hygiene standards you’re following?
28. Is there any vaccine for the employees?
29. What’s their eligibility criteria?
30. Any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) available for employees?
31. Do you have any floating employees?
32. How may floating employees are there?
33. What are the food handling methods?
34. What are the kitchen wares needed?
35. What are the aprons needed for employees in service area?
36. What are the aprons needed for employees in kitchen area?
37. What are the table wares you provide?
38. What are the utilities you provide for customers?
39. Is there any special table for kids?
40. Is there any child care facilities available?
41. How much is the parking space?
42. How long is it from parking area to dining area?
43. How many cars can be accommodated?
44. Is the restaurant fully air conditioned?
45. Have you calculated the air space?
46. Any partnership with delivery channels?
47. Who are all the suppliers?
48. Are there any eligibility criteria for suppliers?
49. Have you analysed the lead time for the materials?
50. How are the materials supplied?
51. Do you have any cold storage facilities?
52. What’s the capacity of the cold storage?
53. What’s the cooking methodology?
54. Do you have genset facility?
55. Any plan for playing music in the restaurant?
56. Have you bought license for playing music?
57. Is it a live music or recorded music?
58. Is the kitchen visible for customers or not?
59. What’s the restroom capacity?
60. Do you’ve separate restrooms for men and women?
61. What are the marketing strategies?
62. Any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) available for marketing team?
63. Any tie-up with other businesses?
64. What are the modes of payment for suppliers?
65. What are the modes of payment for customers?
66. Any refreshments for customers during welcoming?
67. Any refreshments for customers during exit?
68. Any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) available for F&B?
69. What are the legal problems restaurants face?
70. How’ll you mitigate them?
71. Any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) available for Legal team?
72. Who’s responsible for budget allocations?
73. Who’s responsible for daily accounts?
74. How often the amount will be deposited?
75. Any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) available for Accounts team?
76. Any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) available for Finance team?
77. Do you have banquet facilities?
78. What are the other entertainments you provide?
79. Is there any dress code for the employees?
80. Do you provide uniforms?
81. How many employees for service area?
82. How many employees for kitchen area?
83. How many supervisors needed?
84. At which floor bakery is located?
85. Do you have lift facility?
86. Who’s responsible for maintenance activities?
87. How often floors should be cleaned?
88. Any special method for cleaning tables?
89. How often restrooms and hand wash area should be cleaned?
90. Any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) available for Maintenance team?
91. What are the events that can be conducted?
92. How the exterior out fit for the restaurant looking like?
93. How the interior will be looking like?
94. What are the safety measures for customers safety?
95. Any locker rooms for employees?
96. How many chefs needed at peak hours?
97. Do you have any special days?
98. How’s the lighting arrangements?
99. What’s the maximum supply capacity?
100. Do you take any pre-orders?
101. What’s the sales strategy?