This article discusses “Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities and its SOP Manual”. This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the planning, administration, and coordination of agricultural programs for production, marketing, and utilization, including educational and promotional activities. Included in this industry are government establishments responsible for regulating and controlling the grading and inspection of food, plants, animals, and other agricultural products.
Stage of Agricultural Marketing:
1. Assembly: Commodity buyers specialising in specific agricultural products, such commodities as grain, cattle, beef, oil palm, cotton, poultry and eggs, milk
2. Transportation: Independent truckers, trucking companies, railroads, airlines etc.
3. Storage: Grain elevators, public refrigerated warehouses, controlled-atmosphere warehouses, heated warehouses, freezer warehouses.
4. Grading and classification: Commodity merchants or government grading officials.
5. Processing: Food and fibre processing plants such as flour mills, oil mills, rice mills, cotton mills, wool mills, and fruit and vegetable canning or freezing plants.
6. Packaging: Makers of tin cans, cardboard boxes, film bags, and bottles for food packaging or fibre products.
7. Distribution and Retailing: Independent wholesalers marketing products for various processing plants to retailers (chain retail stores sometimes have their own separate warehouse distribution centres).
The North American Industry Classification Systems (NAICS) has grouped services and activities associated with Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities under the NAICS industry code 926140. The following list shows some activities that are associated with industry 926140,
- Agricultural cooperative extension program administration
- Agricultural marketing services government
- Agricultural pest and weed regulation, government
- Agriculture fair boards administration
- Animal quarantine service, government
- Food inspection agencies
- Pest control programs, agriculture, government
- Regulation and inspection of agricultural products
- Weed control, agriculture, government
- Networking Association for Farm Direct Marketing and Agritourism (NAFDMA).
- The National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA).
- The American Soybean Association (ASA).
- Farmer Cooperative Association (FCA).
- ISO 9000: 2005
- ISO 9001: 2008
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO 22000: 2005
- ISO 14001: 2015
- ISO 27001: 2013
Few of the World best Companies in this industry are,
- State of New Hmpshr Dpt Agrclt | Concord | United State of America | http://www.nh.gov/ |
- Kansas Department Agriculture | Manhattan | United State of America | http://www.portal.kansas.gov/ |
- Risk Management Agency | Washington | United State of America | http://www.stanfordmanagement.com/ |
- Economic Research Service | Washington | United State of America | http://www.usda.gov/ |
- Plant Board Arkansas State | Little Rock | United State of America | http://www.portal.arkansas.gov/ |
- West Vrginia Conservation Agcy | Charleston | United State of America | http://www.wvca.us/ |
- Rural Development | San Juan | United State of America |
- KB Horticultural Sciences Inc | Lemoore | United State of America |
- Strawberry Marketing Board La | Baton Rouge | United State of America | http://www.louisiana.gov/ |
- Agriculture Arkansas Dept | Little Rock | United State of America | http://www.arkansasgrown.org/ |
- Journals of Commodity Markets | https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-commodity-markets |
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Industries Organization | https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/JAFIO/html |
- Earth Island Journal | https://www.earthisland.org/journal/index.php/magazine/entry/the-river-of-discords/ |